Tuesday, November 2, 2010

McCartney: Kings of Leon are 'really cool'

Photo by MJ Kim / The Sun
Tom Meighan of Kasabian and Paul McCartney in a photoshoot mimicking the 1973 cover art for "Band on the Run."


The reissue of Wings' "Band on the Run" hits stores today and in an interview with The Sun, Paul McCartney said music is just as good, if not better, than it was four decades ago.

"I think there's a lot of great music around, I really do," he said. "You get someone going, 'Oh, it's not like it was in my day!' I say, 'No, it's different. It isn't like it was in your day. And actually some of it is better.' I like Kings Of Leon, I think they're really cool. I like Plan B, he's good. He has really got it, you know, a good singer, man."

The original artwork for Wings' 1973 album featured McCartney and bandmates Denny Laine and Linda McCartney caught in a prison searchlight with six other familiar faces at the time: chat show host Michael Parkinson, actor Kenny Lynch, actor James Coburn, columnist Clement Freud, actor Christopher Lee and boxer John Conteh.

When asked who he would like to include on an updated version of the iconic "Band on the Run" cover, McCartney mentioned a few choice favorites.

"Tom from Kasabian," he said. "Then next to him Beyonce Knowles, looking a bit sort of scared. Then we'd have to get Bob Dylan. And Neil Young. We could have Ricky Gervais. I need a sportsman - Usain Bolt? I'd have to have Barack Obama too. I'd give him a ring."

The "Band on the Run" reissue is available in stores today.

No comments:

Post a Comment